Friday 14 June 2013

Aikido - Martial arts

When I was 7 years of age are learned a few moves from my Dad who was teaching and training Aikido, way back in the 70's nobody around the country really new what Aikido was, which was good for me because as it meant I never lost any of my street fights... Sneaky ugh! back then all people had heard of was kung fu, karate and Judo and also wrestling was popular so knowing Aikido gave me an edge.

TODAY! I still have the edge because I now train a martial art that a lot of people around  the world have not heard of, or let alone practice or know how to defend against, yes I've been sneaky again! this martial art is called Wing Chun, do a Google search on it... you will be surprised at how effective it truly is... I have one of the best teachers in the world... and guess what I can walk around without fear because I still have the upper hand on all those unsuspecting souls who want to pick a fight.. food for thoughts... I am now 49 that's 42 years of martial arts... who are you going to take note of :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment